Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another One Bites the Dust


Another project I did almost a month ago and just now got around to posting about is Air’s nightstand. I’m not typically one for furniture with curvy lines but I got it for free as a hand-me down when I was a poor college student struggling to make ends meet, can’t complain about that. I left it as-is at the time as I was far too busy to even think about doing anything to it. It sat in my living room as an end table for a while, then it became my nightstand, and after the boytoy and I built our new nightstands it got moved, yet again, to Ariana’s room. But the dingy wood finish had seen better days and the stain wasn’t jiving with the style I was going for in her room (I forgot to take before shots but imagine a dark cherry wood color with a few nicks and scratches). So I simply sanded it, painted it white, slapped some poly on it, and called it a day! Super easy and just what my beautiful girl needed.



You can see I decorated it with this cherry blossom tree lamp that I had been eyeing at Kirklands for a while. My friend Sara brought me to Kirkland’s for the first time a few months ago and I was in heaven. It’s like Pier One, just not as expensive. I only go there when I’m prepared to spend money because I’m terrible at “just looking.”


You can also see the photo of me and her from when she was only a few months old, I popped it in a frame I bought a few years ago at Target during Valentine’s Day.

And on the bottom shelf is a cute little textured/canvasy basket filled with some of her many books. She absolutley loves reading, always has, and she likes to read before she goes to sleep so almost every night when I check on her before I go to bed she’s knocked out with a book open beside or on her – it’s so cute.



And since she is such a little avid reader I bought her this white reading lamp from Ikea. 


It’s been sitting in the box for almost three months because since it’s wall-mounted I’m waiting to mount it until I get her headboard done since it’ll be going right next to her soon-to-be-made headboard.

Her room is coming along slowly but surely. Watch, as soon as I finish up in here I’ll find out that I get to PCS with Seth this Summer, which is exactly why I’m not painting any walls. Ce la vie!

Lorri

No comments:

Post a Comment