Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Getting Away (Part Deux)

So I shared with ya’ll the majority of our Busch Gardens shenanigans last Tuesday. And right when you thought it couldn’t get any better I’ve got some cute baby photos for ya. Now before you get your hopes up I must warn you that I don’t have a plethora of said photos or anything because little Mr Connor slept almost the entire time we were there, but it was to be expected because he’s a baby – sleeping is his job. But what I do have is photos of some cute cousinly love.




And then the new uncle held the peanut. 




He was so tiny; the peanut, not the uncle. Connor was premature so at 6 weeks old he still looked like he was born that very day. I found that holding him made my recently suppressed baby fever start to resurface, but then when we went to bed and I woke up a few hours later and heard him crying it reminded me to enjoy being baby free for the next couple of years. Not that he woke a lot - I only heard him twice one night. And let me tell ya, my sister-in-law deserves an award because she has already figured out not to tote him around constantly so he’s really good about just chillin on his own from time to time.


Now let’s rewind to a few days prior to the baby meeting/cousin loving…the day we got on the road to commence our trip. The kids were troopers, but then again they always are, they travel so well. It was our first road trip in the new car or truck (as Owen calls it). It was nice for them to each have their own space. Ari sat in the third row and the boys in the middle. Owen was out like a light within 10 minutes of being on the road. That kid constantly falls asleep when we get in the car. I’m convinced he’s going through a growth spurt - he’s gonna wake up one morning four inches taller just you watch.



I promise he has his seatbelt on, you just can’t see it with the way he is positioned. Ariana made herself a little cave back in the third row. She looked super cozy. I couldn't get a good shot of her because I blindly held my camera over the seat and snapped this photo.


Here’s the hubby looking all fly, yet he purposefully attempts to ruin every photo I take of him. Unsat Lt, unsat.



Fast forward again to Busch Gardens day and Owen could usually be spotted around Seth's neck.


We saw hyenas snoozing in the bed of a truck.


And lions being fed in front of a crowd.


During said feedings Owen could be found...you guessed it...around Daddy's neck.


When he wasn't around Seth's neck he was soaking up the water at the splash park.




Then he waited patiently and happily for his turn on one last ride prior to leaving the 'kid area.'


And his face tells me it was well worth the wait and that he had a great time in Safari of Fun; a little slice of Busch Gardens especially for him.


Let's virtually fast-forward, yet again, to our arrival back home in Destin. The brood was sleepy but excited to pickup Bear from Puppy Jail, as we so affectionately call the kennel.


And even though Bear had to get several shots in order for us to board him...

He was still as happy as could be to see us, even if he did have to get shots, go to puppy jail, be away from us for almost a week, and ride home in the third row. But he must've known it was a much needed vacay for us all, Bear Rumbarger included.


Xo,

Lorri

No comments:

Post a Comment