Friday, March 28, 2014

Chestnut Tree of Twilight House

We have a massive fucking chestnut tree on our property, it lives right in front of our house. It's a beautiful tree, looks healthy to my non-tree-expert eyes, nonetheless my feelings wouldn't be hurt if it got chopped down. I say all this because we got a phone call that the tree was going to be removed. I was happy because then you can see our house from the street, seriously, you can hardly see our house due to this massive tree. Owen agreed with me. The husband and Ethan couldn't have cared less either way. But Ari? She raged. She was having none of this let's chop the chestnut tree down business. 

I walked into her room one evening and she was furiously typing away on her laptop. I immediately asked what was going on, she went on to explain that she was creating posters, petitions, and researching chestnut trees in general.


She stated she planned to chain herself to the tree while her protesters gathered 'round. The tree was to come down on a week day and she informed me that she would be staying home from school to be present when the tree surgeon came. She didn't ask. She informed.


She even wrote a song...

It was ridiculous. Entertaining, but ridiculous.



The day before the tree came down we got a phone call telling us the removal of the tree would be delayed if it even happened at all because of a mix-up. Ari was thrilled. I, however, am struggling to find my house from the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment