Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Chicken Stir-Fry with Somen Noodles

  • If there's one thing you should know about me it's that I looooooooathe cooking. I do it daily, obviously, since I have a basketball team to keep alive, but I absolutely dread cooking. 
  • Baking? Sign me up. 
  • Cooking? I want to cry. 

    You know how when people are like, "If you won't the lottery what what's the first thing you'd buy!" ? My answer is a personal chef. Not even remotely kidding. 

    One thing that makes cooking a bit less painful is when the family raves about the food. And it's a bonus when it's a quick, easy dish. Which brings me to my new favourite that I had to share with y'all. Chicken stir fry with somen noodles. Really quick, how do people come up with names for recipes? I find it difficult. I find myself wanting to use every ingredient in the title but that just sounds ridiculous. I digress. 

    This recipe is quick and tasty, guys. Here we go:

    Ingredients:

    Sauce:
    3 TBSP honey 
    1 TBSP hot sauce (or 2 TBSP sriracha)
    Dash of salt and pepper
    1 tsp rice vinegar
    1 TBSP olive oil
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup water

  • Stir Fry:
  • 1 lb Chicken breasts
  • somen noodles
  • 1 orange bell pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups cabbage
  • 1 cup carrot


Misc:
Asian seasoning (in your grocer's spice aisle)
1 bundle green onions

Directions: 
Heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Sprinkle Asian seasoning on chicken breasts liberally. Wrap chicken in foil and place in oven. As chicken is baking, mix sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Chop veggies to desired size. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan on medium heat, add veggies. Cook veggies until slightly tender then add sauce. Bring to a simmer and cover, stirring occasionally. When chicken is done (about 20 minutes but will vary by oven) remove from oven and cut into cubes. When sauce has thickened slightly add chicken and stir. In a large sauce pan add water and bring to a boil. Add somen noodles (I use one 'bundle' per person). Somen is very thin and therefore cooks fast! Keep an eye on it, it should take no more than three or four minutes for the noodles to cook. Once noodles are cooked, drain and rinse in cold water. Place desired amount of noodles in bowl and top with the chicken/veggie/sauce mix. Garnish with green onions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment