Monday, September 10, 2018

Life Lately

Guys! It's been so long since I've updated my little old blog. I often have ideas for posts but they end up just staying in my head because its tough for  me to find time to sit down and just write. Instead, I do things like spend 30 minutes attempting to get a fly of out of the room my baby is sleeping in because I don't want it landing on him and waking him up. True story. This exact scenario just occurred like ten minutes ago. 

Seriously though, the lack of posting has a lot to do with how go-go-go our last year has been. I mean, is life every really not go-go-go when you have a basketball team of kids? I was just thinking the other day and ya'll, I have a child in college, one in high school, one in middle school, my toddler goes to an elementary school half the day for Pre-K, and then there's the baby. All five kids in five different ages and stages of life. We've got it all covered. Wanna hear about how London Bridge is Falling Down? I got you covered. Want to help try to find an elusive college textbook that no store has in stock and costs $4.7 million dollars per page? Got it covered. Ready watch the door at curfew to make sure the 16 year old walks through on time? I'm your girl. Wanna get a tutorial on Fortnite from your middle-schooler? I. got. chu.
Like everything is happening. At once. All the time. Then my hubby, the pilot, was in some super intense training for the last year so while he was physically present, he really needed to focus on studying so his mind was being pulled elsewhere. This left me to zip and zoom all over town and do so much without relying on him since his schedule was...well...unreliable due to no fault of his own. When my oldest was still living at home he helped with pick ups and drop offs but he's gone to college out of state now. Luckily, the pilot finished training and he's home so much now. Like, so much. Its heaven really. Granted, he'll be back in the books in a few months but until then I'm loving the brunch dates, the help with pick ups and drop offs, the late nights where the kids are in bed and we pop open a bottle of wine and hang out, the bedtime routine he's now able to be a part of, watching our toddler follow him around like a lost puppy because he's the current favorite and she's a daddy's girl through and through. So yeah, maybe in a few months when things get kicked back into high gear for my other half I won't get to sit down like this and make updates anymore, I don't know. But for now I'm taking full advantage of it. 

I have so many posts I'm excited to share with you guys, and so many topics to cover. A few of my friends will say "you should write a post about *insert the subject*" so I plan to. And I've also received a few DMs on Instagram about some topics I'd love to cover as well. So I will and I hope you'll pop in every now and then to see what's new. 

Later, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment