Thursday, April 04, 2019

Home Tour - A Minimal Farmhouse


Friends! Today I'm bringing you photos of my pal Shawna's home. We originally met when we were both living in Europe and as life would have it, we ended up moving to Texas within months of each other and live just two doors down from one other! They say "it's a small Air Force" and it really is.

Shawna is one of those rare people that I instantly connect with in so many ways, one of which is being homebodies! I think that's one reason we both LOVE decorating and organizing and we're both self-professed minimalists.

I asked Shawna a few questions relating to her home and I'm excited to share her answers as well as photos of her place. When I walk in her home I instantly feel relaxed. It's so neat, clean, yet feels cozy. You can tell she's intentional in her decorating and I can tell she's lived in England because her antiques are amazing and alway leave me longing to go back to the UK.

But enough talk, let's jump in and pick Shawna's brain, shall we?


How would you describe your decorating style?

Farmhouse feel with some French country and modern touches with a minimalist outlook. 


Where do you get your inspiration from when decorating and choosing pieces for your home?
I have always been a Joanna Gaines fan! I love finding vintage or antique pieces that I can incorporate into my design. I love following bloggers that have farmhouses with character such as Liz Marie.





What are some of your favorite stores to shop at for your home?

I love local antique stores such as Alley Cat here in Wichita Falls. I also love Kirklands, Hobby Lobby and Pottery Barn.





If there was one thing you could change about your home what would it be?

I am currently working on revamping my Master bedroom. I have always been a fan of the "All-white bed" from Pottery Barn and would like to purchase a bed frame instead of just having a headboard.I feel like I have focused my attention in different rooms around the house and now it is finally time to re-decorate our bedroom.


What’s your favorite thing about your home? 

I love my old farmhouse table that we found at an auction while stationed in England. It is well-loved and has so much character. All of our family meals take place around this table and lots of conversations. 



What advice would you give to someone that wants to make their house beautiful and cozy but they don’t know where to begin? 
I would say first find your style. Log-on to Pinterest and see what inspires you. Don't strive to make your house match a particular picture but instead use it as a tool to guide your inspiration and add your character and charm to it!






This sweet, simple, metal sign by her front door makes me grin every time I see it. It's Shawna to a tee, she's such a positive soul to be around and her home reflects that! I hope you all enjoyed these little glimpses into her home as much as I do.

Thanks so much for letting me run around your home with my camera, Shawna! It was a pleasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment