Friday, September 30, 2011

Closets and Phone Calls


As you may know we have recently moved, yet I've spent relatively little time at our new place. The first few weeks I spent in and out of town on weekends, so I was only there during the week. I also kept going to our place in Pensacola to see the hubby because I hate being without him. So our new place in Destin seemed to become more like a place I'd go to after work during the week to shower and sleep. Nothing more. But the past couple of weekends all that has changed; the hubby and I have foregone the nightlife/traveling/you name it and stayed in our new digs. Spending all this time here lately has made me realize that I still have lots to do around this joint to make it feel like home. I mean, we are unpacked (with the exception of a single box lingering in what should be our dining room - and I say 'should' because it's virtually empty - but that's a post for another day) yet I still have some loose ends I need to tie up to really make the place feel like ours and like it's lived in. 

So tonight, I poured a glass of wine, put on Pandora Radio, took a deep breath and stepped into the hellhole more commonly referred to as 'our closet.'

Think I'm exaggerating? Think again...(and that's only one side)




Seriously, it makes my heart race every time I go in there, and I'm not talking a hell yeah Justin Timeberlake wants me to have his baby pitter-pat, ooo-la-la, it looks so lovely kind of heart race. I'm talking holy-shit-this-looks-like-an-episode-of-hoarders kind of heart race. Essentially, our closet became the place I put stuff that I hadn't hung up yet, or organized yet, and pretty soon, it looked like a tornado swept through that mo'fo'.

Here's Bearcub at the bedroom door, he heard Jersey meowing and wanted to go attack play with him.




And here he is showing me his 'money-maker'




Anyway, while in hell the closet I came across loads of kid stuff - pictures they drew us, crafts they made at school, and I came across a card Ari randomly made me last year.


I remember when she made it for me because I was on the phone. I don't remember whom I was speaking to but I remember her interrupting my phone call several times. I shhhhh'd her each time and eventually she stayed gone (little did I know she was occupied with creating this card for me). When I got off the phone she handed me the goods. 

The front reads "Phone bloder" (phone blabber) with a tagline reading "no a phance mom" (no offense, mom).




The inside is self explanatory.




Super cute - right?! Of course finding this card sidetracked me and caused me to start digging for things I could put in my plethora of frames that still need hung up. I thought it was frame worthy so it'll get added to my wall-O-frames eventually. In the meantime, I displayed it on a ledge in the living room so that I get a good chuckle every time I walk past. 




Aren't kids the greatest? I love their innocence and their honesty. And she's right, I'm totally a 'phone blabber." At the end of the night I made an even bigger mess in the closet looking through entertaining cards and pictures from the kids, but it was totally worth it. Perhaps I'll get the closet finished over the weekend - a girl can dream...

Xo,

Phone Blabber




No comments:

Post a Comment