Monday, December 03, 2018

Holiday Gift Guide for Baby

Happy December, friends!

With the holidays coming up I thought it'd be a good time to share a gift guide for the little people in your life. So I've put together a list of all things baby! 

For my little ones, I try to make sure most their toys are open-ended and I'm not a fan toys with batteries (I think we have one, literally one).  I also try to keep plastic to a minimum as well since it's not very friendly for our planet. Before you roll your eyes into the back of your head, I'm not saying they don't have a couple plastic toys they love, but just like light up toys we try to keep those few and far between. 

One thing I got my youngest this year are these adorable silks (and clips). He loves playing peek-a-boo and ends up using the sheer curtains in our living room most days so I think these will be a big hit. Pair the silks with these clips and your kids can have open-ended play building forts, using the silks as a cape to be a super hero, or simply playin peek-a-boo to name a few.


This rainbow stacker is in my Amazon cart for my youngest's first birthday coming up next month. It's a more eco friendly version of the old-school plastic stacker I think we've all seen back in the day.  Not only is it good for fine motor skills but it'll look cute on their shelf too. Win-win.


This alligator shape-sorter is the cutest damn thing, and he's a pull-toy too. So he can do double duty. Or give him to my toddler and she'll come up with 473 other ways to use it because that's just who she is as a person and I dig it.


My mom is super supportive of my minimalist habits and will ask me what to get the kids and she actually sticks to getting exactly what we ask for. I heart her for some many reasons and that's just one of the small ones. We asked for these one holiday and she delivered. These are one of the plastic toys I mentioned that my kids have and love. My toddler makes houses, trains, roads, castles, shapes, and so much more out of these. She's even made furniture for her doll house with these. They're one toy I recommend to everyone. They're pricey but so, so worth it. And yes, baby can play with these. My little guy loves to match them together.


Lastly, this little teether is perfect for tiny hands. It's great for sensory motor skills, feels good on baby's gums, and it's made from all-natural rubber.


I hope this quick little list helped spark some ideas for the baby in your life! Have a great week, guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment