Friday, February 24, 2017

Fun Bites

Full Disclosure: This post was made possible by FunBites, however all words and opinions are my own. 
Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible.

Quacked like a duck, made thee most ridiculous sound effects whilst simultaneously injuring my vocal chords, and did a little shimmy whilst beatboxing. These are all things I've done to get my youngest entertained and sidetracked enough to eat actual food. Ri.dic.u.lous. But we've all done some form of this for something regarding our children. Let's be real. Right? So I love when I find ways for her to get so excited about eating that she, well, eats.

Avery is an absolute busy-body. Like, I don't know how I don't have the tightest, hardest, most amazing body on planet Earth because between running around with this kid and solely living off her scraps I'm pretty sure I should look like Beyonce from the neck down but whatevs. 

I digress. 

This kiddo needs something awesome to keep her attention. I have found a few things that work:
1. Letting her sit at the actual table rather than her highchair. She loves it.
2. Letting her color while she eats. Hey, it works for us.
3. Cutting her food into fun shapes. It's super easy, keep reading.


The fine folks at FunBites sent us this adorable tool that cuts her food into the shape of a heart. The first time I used it she gasped and said, "Sooooo pretttyyyyyyyy." And I felt like a total Pinterest mom but without all the work because all you do is place the curved cutter on your food, rock it back and forth, and use the other piece called the "popper top" to pop the food through the bottom. Too easy. 

Photo: Funbites.com

Second best part (the first is that my kiddo is more focused on her food) is that its dishwasher safe. Can I get a hallelujah, can I get an Amen? (Name that song). I'm all about easy food and easy cleanup.

And since I'm the Queen of making one thing work in multiple ways, leave it to us to break it out at play time as well. We talk about the different shapes we can make with it and cut out loads of hearts.


And if you think that heart is cute, head to FunBites.com to check out their other shapes. So much fun stuff over there, friends. Tell me, what gets your kiddo excited about meal time?

No comments:

Post a Comment